You can learn a lot about human nature by cleaning up a location where humans have been. For instance:
- Lots of people don't use the door handles, but push the door open by pushing on the glass.
- People don't think about what happens to things after they put them in the trash can.
- A surprising number of men and boys believe that urinals are self-flushing.
- Women use paper towels and toilet paper at a faster rate than men.
- The cleanest bathroom is the one used by the littlest kids.
- Just like at home, some people clean up after themselves, and others leave a mess behind.
- An amazing number of people leave items of value behind and never come back looking for them.
- If you even breathe near a stainless steel surface, it will leave a mark. So imagine what it looks like when you actually touch it.
- The state of a classroom after the class has left is a reflection of the teachers who use that classroom.
Photo by Zsuzsanna Kilian