Saturday, November 6, 2010

9 Reasons to Try Digital Scrapbooking

Digital scrapbooking is the art of making scrapbook pages and books from digital photos and digital "paper" and elements. It works very similarly to paper scrapping, except you do it on the computer. There are many reasons I prefer this method to paper scrapbooking:
  1. All the "mess" is contained inside the computer. Nothing to get out or clean up or buy storage items for.
  2. Nothing is permanent. I can make a page using a photo, and then make a different page with the same photo.
  3. I can re-do pages for different sizes if I want. Like if I made a bunch of square pages and then I found a coupon for a book with rectangular pages, I can tweak the square pages to make them rectangular.
  4. You get your money's worth when you buy kits because you can re-use them endlessly and never use them up.
  5. It's easy to find free supplies, and even free software, so it doesn't have to cost a lot of money.
  6. You can do neat effects with digital photos that you could never do on paper.
  7. You can still get them printed and made into beautiful books.
  8. If you really like a book you made, you can make a copy to send to a friend or relative, with hardly any extra work.
If you want to know more about digital scrapbooking, post a comment, send me an email, contact me on Facebook, or actually find me in person and ask me. I'd be glad to show you how to do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't Digital Scrapbooking WONDERFUL?? I especially love having my digital scrapbooks printed and knowing that I can always print another copy if something happens to the first one :). ~Jess